Oliver & Marissa

Oliver & Marissa
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 14, 2013

First Day of Preschool for Oliver

It doesn't seem possible that Oliver is old enough for preschool. He still seems so little to me, despite his actual tall height. But, off he went to his very first day of school. Oliver, you did so amazingly well, and I was so incredibly proud of you. Before going, on the way to Orientation Day, you told me, "Mamma, I will just cry when you leave me." said in your deep baritone voice. Oh no I thought, please don't cry, please have an easy transition. Unlike Marissa, you didn't get as many activities and play dates to experience. This was going to be brand new in every way for you. You are used to being with Mamma every single day, getting my mostly undivided attention and what you need when you want it (e.g. your beloved chocolate milk and applesauce.) But, you amazed me. You did so fantastically! I dropped you off and you waltzed right in and began playing with the play dough (actually some kind of unusual beaded play dough we haven't used at home) at the group table and sat right down and got to "work." When after a few minutes I said it was time for me to go, you big eyes filled for a moment with tears, but none actually spilled. And, you asked me in the cutest/saddest little boy voice, "but who will play with me?" Oh so sweet. So I brought Mrs. Garcia over, your teacher aide and she happily sat down with you and you were just fine! And, then at pickup I spied on you through the one way mirror and you were doing just fine! Oh how relieved I felt, you have no idea. All morning I was so worried about you, I couldn't even drink my coffee! I could tell you were following directions and standing up and joining hands with your neighbors at circle time. I have a feeling you are going to have a very fun, very special year. I know you are also so proud of yourself, even if you were "just a tiny bit nervous as you told me." I love you so much Oliver and am so proud of you! You are now an official "Nursery Bunny." I can't wait to hear all about all of the adventures you have at school this year!


Showing me your strong muscles right before we left for your first morning!

Standing in front of your cubby on Orientation Day.

Oliver in the Play Kitchen on Orientation Day
Construction Site Alert! Orientation Day.
Sand Dinos on Orientation Day. Can you say up your alley?

Actual first day, this is the only picture I got at school.


Orientation Day, you are so tall! You have the youngest birthday in the class,
 but I'm pretty sure you are much taller then all the other children.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment