Oliver & Marissa

Oliver & Marissa
Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 23, 2010

Marissa Turns Three!

It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that I have a little girl who is three years old! Time has seemingly flown by since the day she was born. I can still remember those early days when she was first home so clearly, and it feels like it was just yesterday in some ways. And, then of course there is Oliver, who reminds me so much of his big sister in so many ways, but especially in the way he looks. He is like a boy version of Sassy (our nickname for Marissa.) I'm feeling like such a lucky mama to have two such wonderful kids.

Marissa- I just looked back at all the photos of your birthday party, and one thing is exceptionally clear - you had an amazingly good time! In literally every single photo, you have a grin that stretches so wide across your face, it looks like each moment is the happiest moment in your life. I think you were so happy to be surrounded by all your friends and family, and I hope felt so much love for you, because you are so loved by everyone who knows you!  I hope your mermaid party was everything you dreamed and wished it would be. I can remember thinking back to when I was still pregnant with Oliver last winter and we would lay in your bed at night when I tucked you in and we would daydream together about what your third birthday would be like. I am so amazed by the beautiful, smart, imaginative, sweet, thoughtful, funny girl you are becoming. One of my favorite moments of the party was when you saw your friend Kyler across the backyard, even though he was at least 20 feet away from you, you called out to him, "Kyler, I am so glad you came to my birthday party, thank you so much for coming." You said this to all of your little friends that day, it nearly melted my heart, because you did so without any prompting from mommy or daddy, you were just so trully happy to have your friends there celebrating with you. We love you so much Marissa, Happy 3rd birthday! I can't wait to see what the next year brings you.













































































































































Family

This picture is so out of focus, but to me it just captures how happy you were.



















May all your wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment