Oliver & Marissa

Oliver & Marissa
Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Preparations

Marissa and I have been in full preparation mode for her birthday and upcoming party. It has been really fun planning it this year, because it is the first year where she has definite ideas about what she wants and can really anticipate her party. She is having an Ariel themed mermaid party, this fits in perfectly with her current princess obsession. I'm so glad I didn't try and plan this party while I was pregnant, because 6 months ago she wanted a Thomas cake. I really can't even say where this princess craze came from, but in our house, it's all princess all the time. She has only seen Cinderella a hand full of times, which she loves, and has never even seen The Little Mermaid, but that doesn't deter her undying love for Ariel.
I am so excited to see her party come together next week and to see her have fun with all of her friends.
Here are some photos involving birthday preparations. And, of course a few of little Flounder aka Oliver.


Seaweed Playdough
The cutest little foot.

Making Playdough for her party.

Giving himself a good tummy time lick. He must taste good.


Marissa with her personal seamstress (aka my friend Natalie.)
Sneak preview of one of her birthday outfits!


2 comments:

  1. I like to think that My Little Pony was the gateway drug to any princess obsession. I cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry we're missing her party! Hopefully we can get together in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete