Oliver & Marissa

Oliver & Marissa
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Preschool!

Well, Marissa and I attended visiting day at her preschool, and I would say it was a total success! Visiting day started at 8:30 am, pretty early for my little girl. She was definitely nervous this morning. She ate one bite of the special chocolate chip waffles I got for her! And, then she claimed that she was sick, and had a fever and a cold. Then I asked her if she was worried about preschool, and she said, "Mommy, I am worried." Oh, how my heart ached for her. But, once we got settled in, she realized how many fun things there are to do there, she was all smiles. I think she is going to really love it there and will learn so many things. I am excited to see her thrive, and I think the preschool we chose for her is the perfect fit. Her classroom has a neat new reading loft as well, which is just perfect for our little reading bug! I remember having a reading loft in my elementary school classroom and I have many fond memories from it. Now, for the true test, next Tuesday is when I will say goodbye for real after story time, lets hope it goes well too! Mommy is signed up to work in the classroom soon after, as it is a coop preschool, and I can't wait to participate in my little girl's first experience in education. Oh, and I have to bring snack to the classroom for 10 kids, let me know if you have any ideas for easy snacks (it has to be a carb, protein/dairy, and veggie/fruit.  Oliver has been uber-cute lately, and he now makes these adorable pig like squeals of excitement, that actually mean he's really tired (I swear they are really cute, and I will try and figure out how to put a video of one on here!) Here are some pictures of our visiting day!
Excellent Selection of princess shoes and closets full of dress up stuff. Marissa was in 7th heaven.

Mommy and Sass in front of the new reading loft! They are installing brand new carpet on Saturday, I love the way these look!

They have a bunny for a classroom pet!

Cool Nail and Rubberband board, I love how such a simple thing can teach so many different things.

Mrs.Laura Marissa's teacher. Doesn't she look teachery?



1 comment:

  1. How did it go today? Hope she (and you!) had a great morning.

    ReplyDelete